Subscribe to our E-Updates Email List to be notified of Special Events (You will need to click a confirmation link in the first email to complete the process).
Katie Funk Wiebe Research Grant - Rachel Twigg Boyce - June 23, 2015
MHSS Launches Archives Fund-raiser - October 24, 2012
Mennonite Brethren Herald goes digital - January 29, 2013
(MHSS) Launches Archives Fund-raiser
What Can You Do?
Dateline: October 24, 2012.
All summer the MHSS has been in the process of moving into larger premises at Bethany Manor, on La Ronge Road in Saskatoon. This larger space is in the basement, directly below the Fellowship Hall, and allows our society to move from tightly cramped rooms into several times the space right beside those rooms. However, this move entails far more than first meets the eye.
These heady days of planning and moving and researching the additional items that are needed, have brought the Board to launching a fund-raiser. Since the many society members and others who will get to get to use these resources will benefit in an enormous way for many decades to come, it is only right to give everyone opportunity to participate and take part in the joint pride of ownership in this Archive facility.
You may give a gift to the Archives Fund-raiser individually, with your family, with your extended family clan, or as a memorial in honour of a beloved parents, ancestors, or outstanding person who has blessed you. Your gift will be tax-deductible.
If you are able, you may also volunteer time for some of the installation projects.
A list of 24 gifts or types of specific monetary gifts has been prepared. The MHSS Board suggests you choose a gift to give to 'your MHSS' - then make plans to bring your family or friends later, 'when the dust has settled' to show them yours, or - OUR MHSS!
24 Gifts to Give MHSS
1. One complete computer set at $1250 each. We will need 6 in the next year. Total $7500.
2. Six archive storage boxes for $50. We will need 35 sets of 6 boxes each for a total of $1750.
3. Two electrical ceiling lights for the secure archive room. Total $260
4. Lumber and panels to build a 12 foot by 12 foot secure room, $1525.
5. Labor to build secure room, $400.
6. One work station for the volunteers, $740. We will need 3 workstations for a total of $2220.
7. Four electrical ceiling lights for the volunteers' work area. Total $520
8. Thirty-six feet of moving or rolling shelves for a total of $29,920.
9. One desk lamp for $40. We will need 3 in total.
10. One scanner for $600.
11. One telephone unit with extension for $125
12. One plug-in plus one electrical breaker for $65. We will need 10 plug-ins for a total of $650.
13. One digital single reflex camera, $480.
14. Repairing hallway walls in front of archives double doors, $240.
15. Painting hallway walls and ceiling, $280.
16. Building large bulletin board on hallway wall in front of archives doors, $390.
17. Building electrified showcase on second wall in front of archives double doors, $1900.
18. One set of wired motion sensor lights in front of archives doors, $140.
19. One LCD mounted projector, $1400.
20. One wheeled cart for books, $275.
21. One vacuum cleaner, $325.
22. Rent for one month, $450.
23. One rolling office chair, $325. We will need two.
24. Where needed most (undesignated).
Send donations to:
|Recently Added: NEW! AGM Report 2020 (with photos)|
Mennonite Historical Society of Saskatchewan (MHSS)
Room 900 - 110 La Ronge Road, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7K 7H8
Archive Hours: Monday: 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. Wednesday: 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. & 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.