Our Society's Calendar
On Events page: Help Identify Students in the Venice School Photo
The Purpose and Mandate of MHSS
* To include all Mennonite groups.
* To share the history, heritage, and faith of all Mennonite groups.
* To preserve Mennonite historic writings, photos and documents.
* To encourage individuals, congregations and institutions to record their history.
* To inform church historians on procedures for keeping church records.
* To honor those who contribute to the knowledge of our history, heritage and faith.
* To sponsor Mennonite historians and writers to speak to our menbership and communities.
* To offer workshops on how to write family genealogies and familiy stories.
* To keep members informed of new books and publications.
The Mennonite Historical Society of Saskatchewan Annual Meeting is normally held early in the year with workshops and speakers. Heritage Nights are held to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the preservation on Mennonite history, heritage, or faith in Saskatchewan. The Board meets regularly throughout the year.
The Saskatchewan Mennonite Historian is the official periodical of MHSS and is published three times a year. It is interested in
stories of Mennonite communities, churches, people and leaders in Saskatchewan. Persons interested in making a contribution should contact the
editor. A subscription comes with your membership fee.
Please explore the links in the navigational menus to learn about us in more detail.
If You Get Lost on this Site
Remember that every page has the same navigation links at the bottom of the page. When you click on one of the green words, a drop-down of related links will appear. Consider those links your ever-present index. If you encounter a bad link you want to find one that works, and your best move - also, if you want to see the lay of the site in a graphical outline format - is to click on the Sitemap link. If you run into serious confusion, try the contact forms on the "Who We Are" link and then wait for an email with further guidance.
See our Privacy Statement